In the spirit of Halloween, here are 10 scary questions to ask yourself and answer to get the most out of life.
I selected these 10 questions from more than 500 provocative questions in my new book That’s A Great Question.
Do we have the courage to ask ourselves the tough question? The obvious question? The scary question?
The majority of questions in my new book are framed from a business perspective because that’s where most of the people I work with are focused. But the reality is I’m hired by business executives and then human beings show up. So you’ll also find plenty of questions about personal matters that inform and influence business decisions.
It’s often those questions that are the scariest. Here are 10 questions to ask yourself:
- What am I most passionate about today?
- If our company did not exist, what would the world be missing?
- Are our organization’s values cheap words, or do they reflect how things get done?
- What promises do we make as an organization that we have difficulty keeping?
- If I exerted just 5 percent more effort, what result would I achieve?
- On a scale of 1 – 10 (with 10 the best), how would those closest to me rate their level of trust in me?
- Would I agree to have dinner with myself? If so, would I enjoy it?
- I’ve lived a rich, full life. It’s over and friends and relatives have gathered to celebrate my life. What’s being said about me in the eulogy?
- What is my life’s purpose?
- If I knew I couldn’t fail, what would I do?
Self-discovery doesn’t happen overnight or even over a weekend.
It’s my wish for you that this process will prompt you to think long and hard about issues you’ve never considered in a meaningful way to help you come to grips with what’s really important to you. Second, that you’ll use your newfound conclusions to take action in order to get results and enhance your life.
The only thing scarier than answering the questions is not answering them.